September 21, 2012

Hello holidays!

G'day the Netherlands, this will be my first blog in English. Why? Cause.
Sorry for the grammar/spelling mistakes. I'm a bit slack sometimes.

Not wanting the time to end, cause you're so happy in your hostcountry and you're having the time of your life!

Luckily I have a lot of time left!
It has been a couple of weeks since my last blog, but now I have time, because: We have holidays, vacation, vacances, vakantie, Ferien, Urlaub, vakansie, vacaciones! Yup yup. That means we finished the assignments and exams for this term. Well... I've extension for my Modern History, so I still have to do schoolwork during my two weeks off...And we have our new Modern assignment, so that means two assignments during holidays. I love it!....

After my last blog, I just had normal school days. Nothing really special, like I said last time: Everything is just normal! I spent the wednesday morning on the couch with Sarah, just doing nothing. No sport, but watching tv with our laptops on our laps (: Terrie came at the end of the morning and asked us if we wanted to go to town. So Sarah and I spent the afternoon in town and when Thea finished school she also came there. Yeaah, she has to go to school every Wednesday, poor kid! I wouldn't survive five days of school a week.. Okay maybe I would, but I'm not used to it anymore. My bad.

It was really nice, had some great fun, had a really nice Belgian waffle with icecream at Baskin Robbins. It's soooo good. And of course: Sarah and I bought us some sushi after. It's nice to have someone who also likes sushi, and to have a lot of sushi take-aways. Honestly: They have to make more sushi take-aways in the Netherlands, really! We walked to Thea's school and then to her place, had some dinner and went back home.

 
  Tuesday Sarah and I stayed home when John, Krista and the kids did some groceries (??). Sarah made us pancakes. The told about them, with Nutella, and I understood... Sometimes we have pancakes with apple, brown and white sugar, lemon juice and more. Or ham and cheese. Or only sugar. But she thought I was talking about something else.But when I tried the pancake, it was exactly the same as the pancakes I know from the Netherlands. And I told her I made blue pancakes once, just added some blue color before you bake them. So we did the same, just because.It was a nice evening and I hadn't had pancakes for more than 2 months. So it was good to have pancakes again!
 
Friday we had a bbq at our place, with Heidi and Crystal + boyfriends and kids. So that was a busy night, but really nice and good food (:
 
Saturday morning we went to Terrie and Thea's place, waiting for Thea, of course, hahhahaha Love you thea! We went to Hills in Hollywood, which means: looking for a dress for my formal ("prom"). They've a system so no one in the same school has the same dress. After trying a couple of dresses there and in an other shops, I have my dress and I'm sure no one from Mirani High has the same dress. Good feeling! After that Sarah, Thea and I had some lunch in Caneland, some shopping and back home.
Sarah and I started making the cupcakes. 24 cupcakes with some decoration, but the kitchen was too warm, so everything melted, whooooops. But hey: it's about the thought behind it.
We were home alone, so made ourselves some dinner, and it was good!

It was Krista's birthday sunday.I think and hope she liked the cupcakes and the presents (:

Tania, Krista's sister, came with her kids and Helga was here. It was a nice day, the cupcakes were good and Helga made a really nice dinner! It was yummieeeee.



In the afternoon we went to the supermarket and I discovered the Dutch part in the shop. With my "hagelslag, appelstroop, stroopwafels, mergpijpen, drop, pepermuntjes, appelmoes, speculaas" and stuff.
Of course I had to buy something!

So Monday was the first time after months I could have a sandwich with chocolate sprinkles for breakfast. Sooooo good! I had my 140 minutes Geography exam monday, so much fun aye...It was horrible, let's just don't talk about it! Thursday was my English exam about 'Brave New World' by Huxley... I didn't understand the novel, my classmates neither. It was a 100 min exam and I was finished after 50 min. That can't be good.But I passed it, luckily. Don't know how.
Ooh, and before my geography exam, I took out my pencilcase and paper... But my sandwiches, with chocolate sprinkles, were also in my bag. We were upstairs, at the kind of veranda, a lot of people were sitting and the peoples.. You can see what happened: I dropped my sandwiches, in front of many people... Everyone had the biggest laugh, me too. Of course, you can do that if you're name is Paulien Dekkinga!

Saturday it was Kensie's birthday, the little girl is four years old now! We went to the Marian Fair. It was nice (:

Sunday just the normal grocery shopping.

Monday was 'studying' for my geography exam of tuesday. So much fun. Wednesday, Helga, Sarah, Chloe and me went to town. Helga had to do some things and we went to Hills in Hollywood again. So I finally have my dress now for Formal :D

Thursday was normal school, normal isn't the right word. Almost no one was there. So it was quite boring and doing nothing. We were watching how someone was playing tetris on the screen during English class. Great entertainment...

And today it's friday: nobody goes to school.I just packed my stuff, cause we're going camping tomorrow. Yup, I go camping. Real camping. No chalet. No normal shower. Camping.

And last but not least, honestly: the most important thing:
I feel so happy here, because of the great people here. I LOVE my hostparents. Thanks John and Krista, for everything! (:

See ya!
I'm off for a week, no phone, no internet, Nothing. Niks. Nopes. Nada.
And if someone needs a translation, just ask :) No worries about that.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment